• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
[L'e$kro]

16v Dcoe Manifold With Injector Pockets?

[L'e$kro]

Hello!

I'm looking for an inlet manifold for my DCOE throttle bodies

Engine is a gti-6 one..

But I'm looking after one with injector pockets, in order to run a 8 injectors setup (4 on manifold+4 on throttle bodies)

I bought one on ebay but I never received it, so I'm not even sure it ever existed (no pictures in the ad)

Any idea where I could find this?

Regards,

Nicolas

welshpug

I very much doubt so, the name of the manifold suggests most certainly not, i.e its made for carbs.

What I would be tempter to try is to obtain a bare original manifold, cut the plenum off and weld on a flange to accept some throttle bodies, thus enabling 2 rows of injectors to be used.

as it happens, its very close to what DrSarty has on his engine and what Colin Satchell (Eeyore) may be able to make for you.

[L'e$kro]
I very much doubt so, the name of the manifold suggests most certainly not, i.e its made for carbs.

What I would be tempter to try is to obtain a bare original manifold, cut the plenum off and weld on a flange to accept some throttle bodies, thus enabling 2 rows of injectors to be used.

as it happens, its very close to what DrSarty has on his engine and what Colin Satchell (Eeyore) may be able to make for you.

Thanks very much for this answer

I will probably cut my gti-6 manifold then, but I'm just not sure there will be enough angle to clear the bonnet...

I've sourced aluminium flanges on ebay. *ebay buying mode: ON*

Nicolas

Daz_C
' date='Feb 17 2009, 05:22 PM' post='914537']

Thanks very much for this answer

I will probably cut my gti-6 manifold then, but I'm just not sure there will be enough angle to clear the bonnet...

I've sourced aluminium flanges on ebay. *ebay buying mode: ON*

Nicolas

Sandy & Colin Satchell (Eeyore) on here make exactly what your after ! They are designed with under bonnet fitment in mind aswell, so you'd have no issues with clearance against the bonnet and they are reasonably priced too.

The gains from this setup are good aswell :)

welshpug

I know what you mean, but by using the original manifold rather than an off the shelf generic item I would imagine you have a greater chance of making it fit.

jplautomotive

person i got my carbs of made my manifold the same way , but is much nicer done

29122008396.jpg

Stu

You need one of these buddy...

carbs-2.jpg

As people have already mentioned, it was made by Colin Satchell, and is a lovely made piece of kit. Comparable in price to a longman/jenvy item too, with a bit more length. :D

[L'e$kro]
You need one of these buddy...

carbs-2.jpg

As people have already mentioned, it was made by Colin Satchell, and is a lovely made piece of kit. Comparable in price to a longman/jenvy item too, with a bit more length. :D

Niice!

I don't really need length, because I will probably keep the throttle bodies but install a turbo in a "near" future

Thanks for your replies

Nicolas

Sam

Did you email me about my shortened GTI6 inlet? If so Colin done that also :)