• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
snillet

Inlet Boltspacing Difference Tu24(eur Rallye)-tu3

snillet

Have searched and looked for pictures but not found much useful.

I need to know the difference between the bolts and mainly inletports spacing difference between the standard carb TU1-TU3 head flanging and the TU24 (eurospec rallye) one.

If anyone have or could arrange pictures of the difference i would really appreciate it.

If the boltspacing is different, that can always be worked around, but if the holespacing is very different it´s another story.

snillet

Well, i´ve been searching for WEEKS, when i finally posted the questrion here, of course i think i found the answer in an hour *lol*.

Is this a representative picture for a TU24 eurospec 205 head inlet ports/boltspacing ?

headzf0.jpg

If so, then a manifold with the standard TU3 carb flange is not very fittable B), it certainly looks a lot closer to the MPI inlets regarding the position of the ports.

Think i might acutally have "nicked" this picture form someone here but i didn´t notice who it was at the time :)

christopher
Well, i´ve been searching for WEEKS, when i finally posted the questrion here, of course i think i found the answer in an hour *lol*.

Is this a representative picture for a TU24 eurospec 205 head inlet ports/boltspacing ?

If so, then a manifold with the standard TU3 carb flange is not very fittable :(, it certainly looks a lot closer to the MPI inlets regarding the position of the ports.

Think i might acutally have "nicked" this picture form someone here but i didn´t notice who it was at the time :)

Ha Ha...you sure did!!! ;):)

That is a picture of my TU24 head after it was was prepared.

Let me know if you need any measurements I will try to measure for you

snillet
Ha Ha...you sure did!!! :P:(

That is a picture of my TU24 head after it was was prepared.

Let me know if you need any measurements I will try to measure for you

It´s a very shiny and neat picture though, so i hope you don´t mind :D

What is the main difference between the TU3M and the TU3S heads ?, any GOOD pro:s to use the S instead of the M one ?, haven´t found much info on that subject.

swordfish210

Don't the M's have injector holes?

snillet
Don't the M's have injector holes?

Nope, The TU3M is the one with Bosch Monojetronic A2.2 injection, has the same type of head as the Carb TU engines(except TU24 as noted in the beginning of the thread). The valvesizes is the same between TU3M and TU3S, what i was wondering was if there was other things differing between them that would make the TU3S head a better option.