• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Greg205

Low Oil Pressure.

Greg205

My oil pressure is low, 1/4 at idle and never getting above 1/2. I'm getting mayo in the breathers (oil filler was cracked so changed it), fearing the worst checked the water and it's clean. Flushed the engine and changed oil and filter. Got no oil leaks or split pipes but still getting low pressure, any ideas?

cheers, Greg.

Tom Fenton

Firstly don't take the gauge on the dash as gospel, it really is no better than a vague indication. If you are really worried then the only way to know for sure is to get a proper (preferably mechanical) gauge and hook it up to see what pressure you really have. However as long as it is always showing 1/4 on the gauge when hot at idle I wouldn't worry too much about it.

What oil are you using? How many miles has the engine done? Older engines will show lower oil pressure due to natural wear to the bearings.

Greg205

I'm using 10/40 semi, and the indicated mileage is 104k. The car is driving perfectly, I was just a bit concerned as the other pugs i've had have had much higher indicated pressure. As it's driving fine don't think i'm that worried.

cheers, Greg

damo

hi,

my pressure is just above the red on idel, and a 1/4 when criving. i do have a t peice in as the sender in the block was rusted in!!

yanto

Can someone take a pic of what they oil pressure is showing coz i wouldnt mind know if mine is normal too.

If someone has rebuild their engine pics of that pressue would be good too.

Sign in to follow this