• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
m_attt

Cracked Turbo Manifold, Loss Of Boost

m_attt

recently my 2.0 turbo which was running at 1 bar, only started boosting up to 0.6 after fitting a bov, ive tried different springs but no luck, next thing i noticed i have a huge crack in my manifold and suspect my head gasket is on the way out as the cooling sytem keeps pressurising, is this likely to be the reason.

also what options are there for manifolds, any upgrade ones around. as im going to fit a recon head and manifold at the same time.

cheers matt

Tom Fenton

If you've lost boost start at the beginning of what you changed, so remove your dump valve and see if it comes back. Although by the sounds of things you have more serious things to worry about!

bales
recently my 2.0 turbo which was running at 1 bar, only started boosting up to 0.6 after fitting a bov, ive tried different springs but no luck, next thing i noticed i have a huge crack in my manifold and suspect my head gasket is on the way out as the cooling sytem keeps pressurising, is this likely to be the reason.

also what options are there for manifolds, any upgrade ones around. as im going to fit a recon head and manifold at the same time.

cheers matt

There are two options for upgrades but both will require a different turbo as the flange will be wrong on the standard turbo.

There is either the TT replica's which I think you can still get from 205 parts or there is the DP engineering one the 'love collector' which is a lovely piece of kit but expensive now due to the euro and it would require all new plumbing and probably a remap / standalone ecu to run it if you wanted to see proper gains.

Though i'm pretty sure with a GT28RS love collector and standalone ecu you would be looking at some good power!! Probably looking at about £2k too though!!

m_attt

ah no worries thanks for that, think i will go standard route again for now, as ive just bought an m3 evo so not got another few k lying about lol.

Sign in to follow this