• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dicky20014

Fuel Filling

dicky20014

hi all,

When I fill the car up with petrol, it has started splurting back out at me, which is highly frustrating and also a bit embarassing when it takes 10min to put 30 quid of petrol in because I have to fill it so slowly! Is there a breather pipe or something somewhere that may be blocked or has anyone else had this problem before? have tried searching but found nothing,

cheers

Rich

steve@cornwall
hi all,

When I fill the car up with petrol, it has started splurting back out at me, which is highly frustrating and also a bit embarassing when it takes 10min to put 30 quid of petrol in because I have to fill it so slowly! Is there a breather pipe or something somewhere that may be blocked or has anyone else had this problem before? have tried searching but found nothing,

cheers

Rich

Pretty much all of mine have done this, if you let them get VERY low

Goliath

Often it is simply because the nozzle isnt pushed in properly, either its not in fully or its at the wrong angle. However there is indeed a breather pipe that runs down the wheel arch right next to the main filler neck, it could well be blocked.

dicky20014

I thort at first it might be because it was running low but i tried filling up at half a tank and still the same, I have tried filling at different angles with the nozzle etc but no such luck :unsure:. It used to fill up perfectly but then changed all of a sudden one day!

pugdamo

All the 205's i have owned have been a little tempermental when drinking,i hold the trigger about 3quarters on and they fill ok,if yours is really bad then try removing the breather and make sure its not blocked.

dicky20014

Ok I will try having a look at the breather pipe tomorrow and post the results!

munster

Both of mine have done that. I usually have to hold the pump half on, so its not flowing at full speed, however it still spurts out on occasions... All part of the fun :unsure:

M_R_205

Mine have all been the same, i try filling at an angle, hard to explain but i have the nozle 3/4 in, and at the 10:30 position pointing as far down as possibe (bassicaly trying to point the nozzle in the exact same direction as the filler hose)

It sounds a bit stupid but it does work, for me any way.

Paul.

Edited by M_R_205

AndyJ

I'd also say it a 205 quirk, all mine have had to be filled up slowly, one literally took 10 mins to fill but the rest havent been quite so bad.

Rom

Mine is the same. Some pumps seem to be worse than others.

I normally have to hold trigger 3/4, full on and it cuts off. I also generally angle the nozzle around etc

dicky20014

The breather hose wasnt blocked but I tried a few of the techniques listed on the replies here and I think Ive cracked it as got £30 in no problem yesterday, cheers guys :lol:

Edited by dicky20014

nimmo

had the same problem i slightly tilted the nozle and it stoped pissing all over my feet, but i suppose i'm a bit late you've already sussed it.