• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Alfie

Old Girl Refused This Morning

Alfie
:D No, not the missus, my car. Turning over nicely ,but not fireing,not even a pop lol. Suppose its the, Spark, Fuel, bit for me tonight then! :D

DrSarty

You'll get this sorted in no time Terry.

You know the drill: rubber gloves (mmmm Marigolds), HT lead off at plug..is there are spark? If no then do same with king lead.

If still no, then check for fuel (rail off and crank). Hopefully = fuel. Might as well pull a plug out and have a gander - could be sooted up.

If not, suspect CAS or maybe (gulp) ECU.

If fuel there, likely to be ign amp and/or coil.

Gut's telling me dizzy wiring, cap worn or grubby, or rotor arm loose or FUBARd.

Keep us posted geyser.

Maybe this could be moved into XU topic though?

Edited by DrSarty

Alfie

You know the drill: rubber gloves (mmmm Marigolds), HT lead off at plug..is there are spark? If no then do same with king lead.

If still no, then check for fuel (rail off and crank). Hopefully = fuel. Might as well pull a plug out and have a gander - could be sooted up.

Gut's telling me dizzy wiring, cap worn or grubby, or rotor arm loose or FUBARd.

Keep us posted geyser.

Yes, cheers Rich. Quite disappionting when they don't start ain't it :D Hey, are you in Okehampton for the moment?

DrSarty
...are you in Okehampton for the moment?

From this Saturday I am.

Moz_Goodwood

its happened to my 309 twice now, both times its been the fuel relay under the drivers side dashboard (check if the fuels coming through) £10 off flee bay or a eye watering £85 + vat from peugeot iirc :lol:

Alfie

Keep us posted geyser.

Maybe this could be moved into XU topic though?

So I rushes 'ome dun I! Not really wantin' to go there really, (fell on my ass yesterday out in the garden, and strained my new knee joint--bloody hurt it did) puts the friggin key in, you guessed it! bloody started straight away.BYQEYthing. I'm starting to worry about the immobiliser set-up now. Lots of cut wires in odd places! lol Have to arrange a visit to my friendly auto-electrician to sort it all out. Who might supply an alternative to my old Scorpion please?

Edited by Alfie

djinuk

mine did this, turned out to be a cracked king lead, it started for a hour or so , then i lost all spark again for a few hours, then it started, .. What a pain it was to diagnose

Alfie
mine did this, turned out to be a cracked king lead, it started for a hour or so , then i lost all spark again for a few hours, then it started, .. What a pain it was to diagnose

Update for you guys. Started 2-3 times last night no problem ;) This morning ,there was a reluctance to start, but it did! Then, on the move, the engine management light came on? After getting to work, I stopped the engine and started it again and the light went out B) One of you are going to tell me what the problem is I'm sure.............I hope :)

steve@cornwall
Update for you guys. Started 2-3 times last night no problem B) This morning ,there was a reluctance to start, but it did! Then, on the move, the engine management light came on? After getting to work, I stopped the engine and started it again and the light went out :P One of you are going to tell me what the problem is I'm sure.............I hope :)

"tis damp ?

Alfie
"tis damp ?

Be it Steve? It's not rainin' ere matey!......................................Replacing HT leads, Dizzy cap and Rotor arm. Mines clapped out lol. I'll keep you posted..........might see you this weekend..not too sure yet....pm you later in week.

Sign in to follow this