• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
StuF215

Wiring Diagram 406 Coupe V6

StuF215

Any got a wiring diagram for a 1998 406 Coupe V6? Im going to be running the standard Motronic 7.0. Haynes dont seem to cover this car which is annoying and i've searched the forum and net for ages with little luck.. I do have a wiring schematic which I found from a link on this site but none of the wires I have match up to the wire numbers on the schematic. It seems there's a part missing maybe?

36 wires going from engine into cabin via 2 round multi plugs. I dont know what ones I need for the ECU and which ones are the gauges etc??

Regards

Stu

Goliath

I was also amazed when I found out that you can't get a haynes manual that covers the v6 coupe. I will dig out what I can find, I have a cd somewhere which should have some diagrams on it. In the mean time check M@tt's signature, I think he has 2 link the v6 wiring diagrams.

Out of interest are you doing a v6 conversion?

EDIT: this is the schematic diagram I have http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh195/g...g_Schematic.jpg

Edited by Goliath

StuF215

The 406 turbo and v6 variants to seem to ignored by Haynes afaik.

Thanks for looking it'll be a great help! Thats the diagram I have and also the component listing aswell but the wires in the section of loom I have are mainly 4 digits and not one matches to the diagram. Im guessing ill need around 6/7 wires to get the thing running, I would like to use the 406 dash dials also which means more wiring.

Yes doing the 205 v6 thing still lots to do! Work and weather has slowed me down the last few months plus not having a ramp makes slow progress. Now I cant wait for those long warm nights the summer brings!!

lee-bg

What part of the wiring are you interested into ? Engine or all ?

What is engine type/code i can check if i have something.

Rob Turbo

I doubt you'll find a wiring diagram with the correct wire numbers for your loom, all the diagrams are the same, just with different numbers on them, what you need to do is ring the wires through with a multimeter.

Good luck with the standard management, you'll need it!! It caused me to almost give up, instead I've got my faith back and decided to go for a mappable ecu!

StuF215
What part of the wiring are you interested into ? Engine or all ?

What is engine type/code i can check if i have something.

ES9J4 XFZ would be great if you could check :lol: Im after the wiring going from the ECU and sensors from the engine into the cabin. I dont have the chassis number either!

A Megasquirt ECU is my favourite option but I would like to keep the cost down after spending more than I planned on the shell.

Rob Turbo

Edit!! Getting my X and Z mixed up!!

Edited by Rob Turbo