• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Moz_Goodwood

Engine Mounts

Moz_Goodwood

hi all, im moving house soon and need the 309 to be towed away seeing as it has no engine at the moment, i do have the 2.0 turbo lump ready to go in but the conversion wont be ready in time

i was wandering would just the top and bottom engine mount be ok to hold the engine for transport? as i wont have a gearbox to use that mount or will it put to much strain on the others???

i only ask as it will save me a trip shifting the engine and if im paying for the car to be trailered anyway

welshpug

wont work :lol: you could leave the rear mount off, but not the transmission one.

Moz_Goodwood

bar-steward thought as much

ive still got my old 1.9 gti gearbox will that fit just so i can use it for transport?

if it does fit my next question will be would it be any good for the conversion, gear ratios, torque handling ability etc

cheers

paul

welshpug

yup that'll do the trick, don't even need a flywheel in there just bolt the box on, can't say for certain on the actual ratios for use with the turbo, but I should imagine it being more suited than a 1.9 box.

plenty of conversion threads to check up on :lol:

Moz_Goodwood

thanks for that mate

ive read every turbo project going now four or five times over, but im a sod for just looking / remembering the bits i need at the time if you catch my drift :lol:

i'll have another trawl in a bit

cheers

paul

omega

if u have a strut brace fitted you could but a rachet strap round the engine on to the strutbrace then this would support it

platty

Don't forget to bolt in the driveshaft's in or it'll end in tears :)

I pulled a bearing out just by pushing my old 205 in and out of the garage with no driveshafts in!