• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MarkK

Kw Coilovers

MarkK

Anybody tried these on their Pug??The variant 2 is what i am looking at....

MarkK

Its nice looking stuff(meant to be super resistant to corrosion) TUV approved,alot of Porsche tuners rate it,the variant 2 is height adjustable and the damper stiffness (is that the rebound?)these units are meant to ride really well over bumps but be stiff when it comes to turn in,i was just hoping to hear from someone who has tried it already in their pug,but i don't mind being the guinea pig!!

johny105_y2k

i wanted info on theese ages ago never got no joy:(

i bought a donor car which had a full set. they seem more popular on the continent.

i never fitted the ones i have they're just covered in dust in the garage. think i might fit the coilovers as its off the road atm.

Rom

There pretty big for German stuff. VAG etc.

There not cheap, seem to be aimed at higher end road coilovers. Would be interested in views if you fit them.

oli-pug

Christ! Their monotube 3-ways aren't cheap :lol:

MarkK

Thanks for the replies,the two way adjustables would probably do me,will report back when i get them!V excited!!!

MarkK

Should be here in the next few days!

Henry 1.9GTi

friend found them a bit spongy for track work (varient one) but the 2's might be better. They are however amazing on the road iron out bumps whilst staying stiff enough to get round the bends. I would recomend for road/track. This was on a mk2 golf btw so both ends get done if you see what I mean :)

MarkK

Box of Kw shiny bits arrived today,the front struts are particularly beautiful to look at,hope they do the biz with my tired suspension,getting fitted next week at Shenpar,also treating myself to a new clutch to replace my shafted one.Don't want to fork out anymore really but keep thinking about a rear arb upgrade,will i need it,would it make the back step out more suddenly...?

tracktoy

no help to you but a have them on my vw van and have to say they are very good quality, well pleased with them

Edited by tracktoy

MarkK

cool,sounds good,its going in to Shenpar tommorow,getting excited now...!

MarkK

Found some extra work to do on the car whilst its in,refurbed rear calipers going on, rear EBC turbo groove discs,Green stuff Pads(i get on with them great,they take a pounding,great feel,no/little dust,no squeal) to compliment the same settup i have had on the front(maybe the compound has changed??),metal brake hoses,Peugeot sport beam block mounts,swapping the midsection of the exhaust for a straight through section.By the time the parts come and the car has had its final fiddling hoping it will be back by the end of the week-Hopefully a more stable Pug- Cannot wait....

MarkK

Got the car back runs great,maybe a bit firm at the back as mentioned in another post,but corners in another league to standard,hoping to drive the car to the ring in summer,might have to soften it back up a little otherwise the trip might be a bit long!Worth doing,V pleased!