• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

Tu Piper 285 Cam Markings?

johnnyboy666

this may be quite a stupid question, but bare with me as i'm not too clued up on engine internals. i've just bought a piper 285 cam with an ax gt head (just wanted the cam but might just use the whole head) the question is, before i fit it i want to be sure that it is what its supposed to be.

it appears to have I and 6 stamped on one side and what looks like a < on the other side, does that mean anything to anyone?? other than that it looks pretty much brand new with no wear on it that i can see which may indicate that it is relatively new? as i say im a bit of a noob when it come to internals!

any help welcomed as usual

john

johnnyboy666

it also has an A stamped on the distributor end

welshpug

sounds like a standard peugeot cam to me.

It should have a series of numbers on it if its anything but, can you take a picture of it?

johnnyboy666

any particular bit of it i should be taking a photo of? where would the numbers be? would i be able to see them without removing the cam from the head?

decoc182

from what i know , it should have a machined stamping on the end

johnnyboy666

which end? there is an A on the distributor end, i havent checked the other end as the cam is still in the head. will i need to take it out to find out? is there any way of measuring it to find out? how do i go about taking it out? do i just undo the bolt on the pulley?