• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
colti

Gear Ratios With Legs?

colti

Hello guys.

Whilst ive got the 2.0 turbo motor out of my pug for a once over,i'm needing ratios that compliment the turbos high torque output and not the close ratio 1.9 box that max's out revs at 120.(near red line at 115 anyway)

Happened to drive a mates Xiantia 1.8 8v petrol and noticed it seems to have a much higher 5th gear.Didnt get on a motorway but 1500 at 40 is much better than the 1.9's.And it had a normal push type clutch.

Any better suggestions?

Mikey S

1.9 box is pretty good for the turbo engine. but ideally a diesel box, or better still, a turbo diesel box would be the better option.

are you sure yours isnt a 1.6 box?

mike

Edited by pugger

colti
1.9 box is pretty good for the turbo engine. but ideally a diesel box, or better still, a turbo diesel box would be the better option.

are you sure yours isnt a 1.6 box?

mike

Have to admit,am not sure.Its better than the 1st box the car had in it when i bought it.That max'd out at 100 i think.Feels like my 1.9(?)ratios are to close and short.

Edited by colti

Anthony

1.9 Turbo Diesel boxes are often used on 2.0 Turbo engine conversions - approximately 25mph/1000rpm in 5th from memory, so you're unlikely to run out of gearing.

Henry Yorke

I run an Mi box with a 1.9 final drive. 1.9 rations for 1,2,3 and longer for 4 and 5. Works a treat for me in my turbo. 70mph at 3,200 rpm, just off boost. To overtake in 5th I just put my foot down and don't even bother changing down a gear.

Sign in to follow this