• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
platty

95' 205 1.8 Diesel.

platty

Has anybody got and exploded diagram of the Exhaust Manifold assembly?

I think theres a blow coming from it (the cat or silencer that is on the manifold, not sure what it is), on visual inspection, it is showing a fair bit of corrosion.

I've just been down to the motor factors and had no joy at all.

Thanks for any help offered.

Mikey S
Has anybody got and exploded diagram of the Exhaust Manifold assembly?

I think theres a blow coming from it (the cat or silencer that is on the manifold, not sure what it is), on visual inspection, it is showing a fair bit of corrosion.

I've just been down to the motor factors and had no joy at all.

Thanks for any help offered.

the canister on the bottom of the exhaust manifold is just a resonance chamber. im 99% sure that the manifolds on the non turbo diesels are interchangable, so a rummage around the scrapyard is bound to turno up a 306/zx/405 etc diesel manifold without the chamber on it.

mike

platty

ah, its the chamber im after......

I didn't know it could be removed from the manifold.

platty

For the aid of anyone searching in the future, Peugeot call the part a muffler (pt no. 172128) and its available for £14ish.

vern

changed the resonator chamber thing Aug last year, best to allow a good couple of hours as you will have to take the manifold off, as usual the Peugeot design is pants.

platty

Really....I was hoping to not have to do that, b@ll@cks :wacko:

vern

If I remember it uses allen head bolts, which due to the location rust and then round when you try and remove them. For info if you buy a new one from pug buy a new gasket at the same time.

Edited by vern

platty

Inlet manifold had to come off to access the two allen bolts. An absolute mission to get the manifold off, that I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Allen heads rounded, so I then tried hammering in a Torx bit, that didn't work, so I ended up drilling the bolt heads off.

Yep, a new Gasket would have been good, as the old one de-laminated into three. I had to put exhaust sealant on the gasket parts and bolt it up tight.