• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo

No Alternator Charge Light

Ricardo

Hi

Charge light wasn't coming on and after reading as many threads as I could, I thought I had solved the no light prob!

The brown engine bay multiplug had a broken 7A wire...I rewired this with a bullet but still no light if wire earthed, or charge below 3K (untill excited by reving past 3K).

Once charging below 3K it puts out 14.4V at all revs.

Could the Alternator be at fault and not allow exciter to kick in? Or is it most likely the multiplug under the dash?

Do I need to remove any lower dash to get to multiplug? I couldn't see it when the clocks were out.

All the clocks, dials and other dash lights are rock solid!

Any advice much apreciated. Cheers

Richard

large

Whan you say no light when is this happening.

Ricardo

no light when ignition on or when running or when alternator spade unplugged and earthed!

Ricardo

So where can I find this elusive connector?

Peetypug

correct me if i'm wrong

your saying there is no light on the dash when the ignition is turned on (this gives the alternator the 12v it needs)

if you have no light on this is the reason the alt isn't working until you hit 3k rpm

try replacing the bulb in the dash :)

Ricardo

Done that the bulb is OK!

damien

im going to take a guess at the brown mutiplug by the battery, replace the lead from the plug to the alternator.

next step would be to find a another alternator.

Ricardo
im going to take a guess at the brown mutiplug by the battery, replace the lead from the plug to the alternator.

Is that the one between the manifold and afm? I changed that connection with new bullet and checks OK to the alternator with a meter.

Ricardo

Is that the one between the manifold and afm? I changed that connection with new bullet and checks OK to the alternator with a meter. I want to check the brown multiplug under the dash but can't see it.