• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
macamizer

[trackday_prep] 1.9 Gti To Dimma Track Car

JamesLumley

I didn't think you could rally a car that had been fitted with a turbo if that model never came with it as an option from new? This is why I sold my turbo MI16 that was originally going to go in the rally car.

Also I would be wary that many scruiteneers don't like you welding in a "bolt in" cage - I've had friends come unstuck in the past.

Worth checking the blue book on both counts.

Nice build by the way!

Baz
I didn't think you could rally a car that had been fitted with a turbo if that model never came with it as an option from new? This is why I sold my turbo MI16 that was originally going to go in the rally car.

You're probably right James, i was speaking in terms of Hillclimbs/Sprints for the capacity increase.

macamizer
You're probably right James, i was speaking in terms of Hillclimbs/Sprints for the capacity increase.

cheers for the info guys,what i want to do is hillclimb stages and not rallying,and ive been told id be in the modified 2.0 class is this right??

macamizer

well its been nearly two years since ive updated this thread,but ive dragged the pug out, dusted off and started to finish it,few pics just after mocked the rad and intercooler setup.

post-7858-0-21551200-1313002611_thumb.jpg

macamizer

a few more

post-7858-0-76943000-1313003875_thumb.jpg

post-7858-0-09534100-1313003912_thumb.jpg

post-7858-0-85064800-1313003948_thumb.jpg

barry d

love the dimma kit,the decal look really good on a white car.i went out and bought a dimma kit a couple of weeks ago ,after reading this. :)

macamizer

love the dimma kit,the decal look really good on a white car.i went out and bought a dimma kit a couple of weeks ago ,after reading this. :)

how you finding fitting it????

barry d

how you finding fitting it????

i have got the rear quarters on ,smoothed in and primed up ready for paint.i need to sort out a small bit of rust before i fit the front wings.hope to put up a tread in a week or two just need to get new lead for my camera. :) :)

macamizer

99% done

phone109.jpg

phone114.jpg

phone118.jpg

phone113.jpg

phone111.jpg

alien7

Cool dimma project :)