• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sonofsam

Voltage Drop Test On Fuel Pump Circuit,

sonofsam

Hi,

Having a problem with my fuel pump not running after I reloomed my engine, weird thing is, the engine will start and run fine with another live

to the fuel pump, so I want to perform a voltage drop test on both side's of the circuit. Does anyone know what/how you use a jumper wire

to energize the circuit, instead of having to crank it over all the time!

Ta,

Sam.

Tom Fenton

I'm pretty au fait with vehicle electrics but you've lost me altogether. What is it you are trying to test?

sonofsam

Sorry Tom, my fustration must be showing through :wacko:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3828/is_/ai_n9206860

^Thats what i have been reading about ;)

Basically this is an age old problem I had before, wich I bypassed by just running another live to fuel pump from wire 2a on the 205

under dash multi-plug,

I dont really want that bodge anymore though, so am looking to find a possible voltage drop in the fuel pump circuit.

Two so called elec. expert friends failed last time to find the fault, but I really dont want to have to pay an auto sparky to come out,

but im getting a bit desperate now..

sonofsam

Ok so just "phoned a friend", and he suggest a jumper wire is fused line straight off the battery, wich I assume would go to

pin9(fuel pump) injection double relay, this is going to be fun ;)

welshpug

it may be worth checking the fusebox, not unheard of for it to cause intermittent faults.

sonofsam
it may be worth checking the fusebox, not unheard of for it to cause intermittent faults.

I thought that too WP ;) Got a spare yesterday evening, however it's a Ph1 item and different :wacko: Will check my original though thanks.

sonofsam

FFS , removed an aftermarket immobiliser & changed the fusebox, but still fuel pump will only run with that special bodge :)

Checked Ohms on the whole circuit and all readings were below 0.07.

Getting tired of this now, so im going run the bodge wire with inline fuse :P