• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Peetypug

Gti6 Air Filter

tom_m
Why? I only use mine on the track so don't intend to fit a filter, gets in the way of the air gettin in!

cement dust is good for your engine right? :blush:

oli-pug
Why? I only use mine on the track so don't intend to fit a filter, gets in the way of the air gettin in!

No comment, unbelievable.

andyjstone

I was told I didn't need one, which I thought was a bit odd and as you all seem to agree I better go shopping for a filter!

Anyone know where I can get one to fit on to the TBs?

Edited by andyjstone

welshpug

someone quite recently found out first hand why its not a good idea to run without timing belt covers, this is much along the same lines!

you need a backplate (usually universal and cut to suit) and a suitable filter, plenty about.

boombang
I was told I didn't need one, which I thought was a bit odd and as you all seem to agree I better go shopping for a filter!

I got told I'd go blind if I kept playing with myself but didn't believe it. Yeah sure my eyes are worse than a few years back but it was worth it.

GLPoomobile
I got told I'd go blind if I kept playing with myself but didn't believe it. Yeah sure my eyes are worse than a few years back but it was worth it.

That reply is so good that I might just have to nick it and use it in my signature :wacko: (you will be quoted of course ;) )

taylorspug

Ive got a couple of pots on my old Beemer block that look like the rocky mountains due to having no filters on the carbs. Thats a pure race car but it doesnt really excuse it from sucking in half a gravel trap when things go wrong. Hence why i have a very rare Hartge numbered block which is now bugger all use for making the car move. :)

taylorspug

Anyone know where I can get one to fit on to the TBs?

Lol, who told you that?! They need their head seeing to id suggest...

QEP stock both filters and backplates i believe. Apart from that Burton Power also do.

Sign in to follow this