• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
meggy6620

Tu Pistons ?

meggy6620

Hi every body i new to the sit so im abit stedy away lol. Right my question is haw many different typs of piston is there for the tu as im trying build a low cost engine for my rally car.

I dont have enough cash to get slipper or forged beasts so im looking to get the lightest std ones and if any one can help on weights and specs and differenses of the piston that would be great.

Sandy

The later silver top type are the lightest, but fragile with it. Mixing and matching them isn't straight forward. The 1.3 Rallye ones can be decked to use with a 1360cc crank, but they aren't easy to find in good condition.

meggy6620
The later silver top type are the lightest, but fragile with it. Mixing and matching them isn't straight forward. The 1.3 Rallye ones can be decked to use with a 1360cc crank, but they aren't easy to find in good condition.

Ok cool do you know any suppliers of new/replacement pistons that i could ring? if you have any other options that i could use that would be great. cheers

Sandy

Standard replacements are very expensive new, Wossner make forged ones, but they need some machining to fit. AE used to list standard replacements, but I'm not sure if they're still available.

meggy6620

rite o cheers sandy do you no who made the origanals i.e mahal?

Sandy

AE I think. Some of them at least.

meggy6620

Ok cheers sandy ill do alittle more digging and sea whot i find thanks for your help