• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
brumster

Gti6 Rod Questions

brumster

More searching avails nothing conclusive so I'll ask here; sorry if it's a repeated question

Anyone know the measurement specs for a GTi6 conrod? I'm trying to work out what pistons I'd need to be looking at to couple with a GTi6 rod on an 88mm mi16 crank, in an iron block. The question at this point is, is there an off-the-shelf piston that will mate to the pin on a gti6 rod and have all the right compression heights to make a useable engine, or will I be looking at custom jobbies? By that I mean, a common size from JE/Wossner/etc rather than having to get them make me something one-off - not expecting an OEM part, of course ;)

EDIT: Sorry, just seen this http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=100333 although I swear it didn't come up in my search :( !!

Edited by brumster

16v205

I didnt find any off the shelf pistons for my gti-6 rods, ended up having a set custom made by Wossner to 0mm deck height and 11.5:1 compression.

Rich

Sign in to follow this