• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DRTDVL

205/50/15's Rubbing Badly

DRTDVL

I'm thinking the front springs might be a little soft, but with the 205 wide tyres i'm rubbing badly on the arches...

I've noticed there is a lip just in from the edge of the arch trim that might be causing the problem, has anyone tried to remove this lip or roll the arches?

Or does everyone just use 195's?

Goliath

I think the majority of pople run 195/50/r15 on standard 1.9 wheels and 185/55/r14 on standard 1.6 wheels. What size wheels are you running and what profile tyres are they? If your tyre is rubbing it is probably on the plastic trim bit that 'folds' under the arch slightly.

DRTDVL

I'm running 6.5 inch ROH Astrons on the car.

the tyre size is 205 / 50 / 15

The are a dunlop semi-slick

I've hacked away most of the inner side of the plastic arch as i could see where it was rubbing.

I'll grab some pics of what i'm talking about soon

meggy6620

the easy way to solve the rubbing just fit some stiky semi slik 185/50r15 they will fit on you 1.9 rims no problem

I do this to my rally car as gravle tyres have the same problem with the 195s,

providing you get some good grip tyres you dont realy loose any thing apart from 10mm from the width of your tyres

cheeper than rolling and repainting your wings

hope that helps

DRTDVL

I"ll be going to 195's on the car soon...

I'm rather interested in the fact it's only rubbing on the right side on left hand corners...

I've got my mechanic looking into the alignment of the subframe to see if it's shifted to the right a bit

meggy6620

Not to sound funny but it could be you lol.

As in you may noy konw it but you might take left hander's slightly faster than right hander's.

On left hander's due to the tyre moving that little bit more may cause the rubbing, but then againg it could be somthing els all together.

Food for thort lol.

DRTDVL

haha no offence mate but nah... i tend to take right hand corners a bit harder as i'm closer to the center line..