• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BusEngineer

Damn! Jinxed Myself

BusEngineer

Well after posting on the thread started last week about how you use your GTi, and saying that i used mine every day for 3 years without a problem!!

Well the car must have been listening, went out to go to work this morning at half 5 got about a mile down the road and she started missing under load between 2k - 3k!! And cut out . . . Mananged to restart kept the revs up but it did it again 3 times before i could get it back home, once with a huge backfire!! :)

Its been stood all weekend as weve been using the other halfs car, and its done this a few times (misfire but not cut out) over the past couple of weeks when its been left for a day or so, moreso if its wet out, so now im not going in on overtime im waiting for the sun to come up so i can go and investigate

Im thinking plugs or leads, but my god this car eats them!!

Oh yeah and good morning everyone :D

Edited by BusEngineer

Grim.Badger

Would be well worth checking the connection to the AFM and TPS, although I think it may also be a problem with the spark system (i.e. coil/amp)

BusEngineer

Well i replaced my plugs, leads, dizzy cap ad rotor arm that day, and set up my idle (using a post by davepug205), it hasnt misfired once since (touch wood, touch wood, touch wood :P ) and as a bonus it idles fairly solidly between 1000 - 1100 rpm.

Just got to stop the smell of fuel from the exhaust now when its cold, and iv already replaced the ECU temp sensor so its not that :huh:

Sign in to follow this