• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kennyb

Swapping Diffs

Kennyb

Hi Guys

Im swapping gearboxs tmrw and I need to use my exisiting Diff thats on the car and swap it onto the recon box thats going in.........

The Box I have thats going in is a BE3 1.6......the box thats coming out with the diff to use is a BE1 1.9

Can I use the 1.9 BE1 diff on the Be3 box? and also hard hard is it to swop over?

I've had some guy tell me its gonna take 2-3 hours to swop the diff over because when I take it out all the pins and bearings will fly everywhere and I'll have to put it all back together :-(

Is this true as I've heard its straight forward and at most a 10 min job??

Cheers

DamirGTI
Is this true as I've heard its straight forward and at most a 10 min job??

With box out , yes ! :)

Damir :)

Kennyb

Can i use the same seals etc.....or would I have to get new ones???? the ones on my current box are fine

d-9

Heres a diff fitting guide I wrote a few years back beacuse i felt the one on the main site missed a few bits off:

http://www.redneck-racing.co.uk/rnr/random...fs_for_divs.doc

Should be able to use the same seals, but theyre only £3 or so each so Id change em. Its not a 10 minute job, but you should be able to do it in under an hour the first time. If you end up with bits of bearing everywhere then you've done something wrong (and will need to buy new bearings and press them on).

Kennyb

Thanks guys for the info sheets..... could anyone give me the part numbers for the bearings and both oil seals so my local peugeot monkeys dont get it wrong again!!!!!! Cheers :)

omega
Thanks guys for the info sheets..... could anyone give me the part numbers for the bearings and both oil seals so my local peugeot monkeys dont get it wrong again!!!!!! Cheers :)

if you read easypug link you can see the number on the bearing take that to a bearing factor you get it half price

Kennyb

cool and the seals???

Kennyb

Did the 205's ever swap to an electrical operated speedo???

Sign in to follow this