• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
eob

Mad, Flashing Lights Everywhere... :)

eob

I've nearly got my car up and running and I'm having a bit of a wiring issue :)

The wiring is insane. Turning up and down the fan control means the left spotlight is going on and off along with the dash lights :lol: I'm guessing a dodgy earth somewhere?

It's very entertaining but I would like to fix it :angry:

DrSarty

TBH that's very difficult for me (or perhaps anyone else) to diagnose or fix.

In fact I think you know already; it has to be an earth issue.

I can't see it being anything to do with any engine work you've done as, unless you've managed a cheeky (unnecessary) splice somewhere, the two looms are completely separate. In fact there a 3 looms - ECU/management / sensors/dials & guages / everything else (lights, fan etc).

I think the place to hunt is things like the shunt box, any major earth returns or studs and indeed to check faulty components. The latter (like the fan) is unlikely to be the cause because ultimately, they only have a power and an earth, and the places they share connections (due to there being feedback & interaction) is most likely the root of the problem, i.e. an earth issue.

Good luck. That's the best help I can offer, apart from be logical and methodical.

RICH

eob

I guess what I'm asking is.... where are the major earth points? :)

Cameron

There's one next to the steering column, one under the dash above the glove box, one either side of the slam panel and one by the rear clusters.

Sign in to follow this