• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy M1tchell

Removing An Omp Cage

Andy M1tchell

Hi again

I am currently in the process of removing an OMP roll cage from a 205 I have recently bought, I know this topic has probably been covered before but is it necessary to drop the rear beam a little in order to gain clearance?

This cage is being a real pig to get out, I'm sorry but I have never had any experiences with roll cages in the past they are not my thing!

Ok thanx if you are able to helpl

bensonmi
Hi again

I am currently in the process of removing an OMP roll cage from a 205 I have recently bought, I know this topic has probably been covered before but is it necessary to drop the rear beam a little in order to gain clearance?

This cage is being a real pig to get out, I'm sorry but I have never had any experiences with roll cages in the past they are not my thing!

Ok thanx if you are able to helpl

i had to do this the other day and it was a bit of a pain in the arse!

have you removed the front section first? if not,go so. you dont need to drop the beam,i just levered mine up with a flat bar,once you get it over the studs it just needs a bit of tugging to get it out.plus it was easier with all seats removed if you have not allready done so.

swinisskill

as above really mate its not necessary to remove the rear beam <_<

Andy M1tchell

Hi guys

Thanx I tryed levering the rear section up over the rear beam studs yesterday but my roof started to kink and creek the 205 has a sunroof so i stopped in case of damage.

I will just have to persevere!

cheers

AdamP

Remove the sunroof!

Craigo

are you selling the roll cage?? :wub:

Andy M1tchell

Yes I will be selling the roll cage as soon as i get it out it cost £380 brand new 1 year ago and has only seen 2 track days it is an OMP rollcage with the removable side bars across the doors.

I am looking for £280 for it or vno

cheers

madant_uk

just a question, why are you removing the roll cage?

Miles

Missed this but I think the front mounting feet don;t help either as with out these the cage can be tilted with ease and I know with these in place it's a pain in the back side to get them out, So mush so in the one I did I just got the paint shop to spray around it.

Andy M1tchell
just a question, why are you removing the roll cage?

Hi mate,

If you have to know they are not really my thing my past 5 205 gti's never had em in either. I recently sold my 8Valve turbo 205 for about £2000 as I am basically fed up with the 8 valvers now and bought another 205 with very low miles and a better shell.

The previous owner had stripped it fitted it with a roll cage, cobra buckets with Luke harnesses and webber carbs and used it as a track car.

I want to put it back together to how it used to be I have it booked in for next week for a full respray and I have bought a ltd edition full interior including full leather seats out of a miami.

I plan to put in a gti6 engine but still undecided with the Mi16 !!!!!

With the roll cage still in the car means I cant use my wing mirrors properly in road use and also will be pretty sh*te for rear seat passengers

Just my personal preferneces I guess