• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stufarri

Water Leak On Both Sides Or Chassis Under Dash

stufarri

Hi, looking for some advice please.

I have a 93K 1.9 and when it is up to temp there are 2 leaks but I can't find their source without ramps.

On either side of the car under the dash area there are drips that over time amount to severe puddles.

When I pull away there seems to be more, as if it is sitting somewhere before running off (car facing down hill - I live on slight hill). I put approx 1lte of water back in in this morning after it leaked last night.

Poss the meater matrix leaking - any ideas?

Recently had (2K miles ago) top end rebuild with new water pump etc.

Thanks

Stu

Edited by stufarri

DamirGTI

Yes id say it's the heater matrix (O ring seals) , i've found that it's rather common problem/leak which appears especially after changing coolant/antifreeze <_<

Damir :D

24seven

yup. sounds like the matrix to me if its leaking that much inside the car.

stufarri

Sorry perhaps my expanation.

It is dry inside on both sides.

The leak is totally from on the underside of the chassis where the chassis rails are almost but the underside is realtively flat there so I'm baffled.

If the matrix fails do the carpets always get wet?

miamistu

The pipes to the matrix can leak where the rubber pipes join the metal ones - you should be able to see them dripping if this is the case though.

Sign in to follow this