• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dimmapalmer

Rev Limiter Without Ecu?

dimmapalmer

Hi, got my 8v engine running on bike carbs, so just using the distributer ignition.

just wondering if theres any way to fit a limiter to it? and where would i find it?

cheers

palmer

Mikey S
Hi, got my 8v engine running on bike carbs, so just using the distributer ignition.

just wondering if theres any way to fit a limiter to it? and where would i find it?

cheers

palmer

omex do individual rev limiters, iirc there around 60 quid.

http://www.omextechnology.co.uk/Revlimiter...iterclubman.htm

Edited by pugger

MrG

interesting, I need to go down this route. Cheers for the link

dimmapalmer

just ordered one, MrG i will let you know how i get on.

cheers for the info pugger.

MrG

Please, I'd appreciate that. I need mine fitted before March so have a bit of time.

dimmapalmer
Please, I'd appreciate that. I need mine fitted before March so have a bit of time.

well its here.

3 wires, 2 wires to the coil an one to the chassis. and sounds real easy to set up from the instructions.

will fit it when the cars back from shenpar.

mattbenselin

Dead easy to wire in and set up. I rebuilt the loom for bike carbs with the limiter integrated:

loom1.jpg

1) Revlimiter

3) Coil plug

dimmapalmer, what inlet manifold did you use? I'm in the process of designing one for mine to build from scratch, any info would be useful.

Cheers, Matt

dimmapalmer
dimmapalmer, what inlet manifold did you use? I'm in the process of designing one for mine to build from scratch, any info would be useful.

Cheers, Matt

ill get some pictures when i get the car back. as far as i know, nick at shenpar made it!

that loom looks neat - could you tell me what all the labeled bits are? could come in handy.

Sign in to follow this