• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Paul_13

406 Mc Brake Line Positions

Paul_13

I've just got my 406 MC through in the post, does it matter which brake line goes in the holes?

I'm going to be running 1 line to the back to serve the rear calipers (discs) and 307 brakes on the front.

Just a bit confused as the 1.9 system is diagonally split

I've included a pic

Edited by paul_xiii

pug_ham

It shouldn't matter which ports you use as they all flow the same amount of fluid but for the set up you mention I'd fit them in the same order as on the 1.6 GTI which is one port near the servo for the rear line (the other port blanked off) & the two front ones for the front line.

Graham.

Paul_13

Cheers Graham thats helped alot, will be cracking on with it later.

I know its a bit off topic but have you ever dealt with hi-flow heads? I was thinking of buying an engine from them but just heard a bad opinion off of another forum member.

Thanks

Paul

Andy F

can i ask where you got it from? as i am looking for one but dont really wanna pay peugeot prices

Paul_13
can i ask where you got it from? as i am looking for one but dont really wanna pay peugeot prices

It was off a chap on 306gti6 but unfortunately last one he had.

Sorry

matty_gti

This is where Ill be getting mine, much cheaper than Peugeot.

http://www.brakeparts.co.uk/

Paul_13

brakeparts is a brillaint company i ordered some 2.0 Hdi discs and they came the next day!

Andy F

thanks for that