• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mallaby106

205 Xs Wiring

Guest Mallaby106

Hi everybody this is my first post on here. I recently had a bit of an accident in my 205 xs when it was icy. It wasn't too badly damaged but i didn't have the money to fix it. I decided that it would be a good idea to take the motor out and put it in my 1litre 106. All has gone well up till now, i have worked out all the sensors and stuff to go into the 106 wiring loom except for the wires from the distributor. There are 2 plugs, 1 from the distributor and 1 from the coil, the plugs are linked by 2 wires i think and there is a yellow wire with green bits on that isn't running to anything that comes from the distributor and there are 3 wires that come from the coil that don't go to anything, 1 of them has a black spade connector thing which i'm assuming is an earth, and i'm thinking that the other 2 maybe run to the crank sensor as i haven't got that wired up to anything either, and finally the yellow and green wire from the distributor i'm thinking is another earth. Oh i think there maybe another wire from the coil aswell which i was thinking was a live.

If anybody can help me out it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow to try and help as my description is probably not very good :)

bren_1.3
There are 2 plugs, 1 from the distributor and 1 from the coil, the plugs are linked by 2 wires i think and there is a yellow wire with green bits on that isn't running to anything that comes from the distributor

any wire that is yellow with a green pin stripe running along it is an earth wire.

its not quite clear if your running the 106 injection gubbins? or the 205 XS carb gubbins with a dizzy?

maybe get the 106 and 205 haynes manual and use the wiring diagrams to help you? thats what i did when i used parts of a 205 gti loom when i dropped my TU engine into it.

Guest Mallaby106
any wire that is yellow with a green pin stripe running along it is an earth wire.

its not quite clear if your running the 106 injection gubbins? or the 205 XS carb gubbins with a dizzy?

maybe get the 106 and 205 haynes manual and use the wiring diagrams to help you? thats what i did when i used parts of a 205 gti loom when i dropped my TU engine into it.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I thought the yellow wire would be an earth, but the green is like dots instead of stripes so was just verifying it. It is going to be running on the 205 carb and dizzy, i haven't changed anything on the 205 motor, but done away with the ecu and lots of wires off the 106. Its only the 4 wires that are stopping it from running. Love this engine aswell, was fair pokey when it was in the 205 so can't wait to see what its like in the 106, should be a fun little car.Will be heading down the garage soon so i will take a few pics to help. Thanks

Guest Mallaby106

Heres a couple of pics.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll302/M...y106/wires1.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll302/M...y106/wires2.jpg

I managed to get it running today by connecting the yellow and green 1 from the dizzy to the negative on the battery and the grey 1 from the coil to the positive on the battery, cranked it over and it fired up and an ok. There are still a couple of wires from the coil that don't go to anything, The blue 1 and green 1 on the left and the white 1 on the right. I'm thinking rev counter, any ideas?

Also found out from another post on here that the crank sensor doesn't need to be connected as it is a diagnostic thing so i don't need to worry about that.

Thanks

Edited by Mallaby106

Guest Mallaby106

Anybody know what the blue green and white wires are?

Anthony

If the blue one is wire #112 as it appears in the photo then that'll be the rev counter wire.

Guest Mallaby106
If the blue one is wire #112 as it appears in the photo then that'll be the rev counter wire.

Thanks Anthony