• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
EdCherry

Bo****ks - Car Not Running Right Again

EdCherry

Right, this day is certainly not going well.

Phase 1, 1600 GTi. Mahassive hole in the downpipe, new one waiting to go on.

Idle - The car can't idle for s*it, when I first got it changed over the AFM and it seemed to start on the button after a bit of fiddling, go back today and its the same as before! Swapped to another AFM and its still the same. Added some engine flush started it up and it idle'd at 1500rpm for 5 or so minutes and then I switched it off wait for a bit and changed the oil. Any suggestions as to what I could change here to get it running spot on? Also had new plugs and air filter (forgot to do the oil filter ffs!).

Overfueling - Was first sorted by changing AFM's at the same time as fixing the idle, I suspect this was cause the car had warmed up now. It is now overfueling again by the smell of things, suggestions once again.

Am I right in thinking the ECU Temp Sensor and SAD could be the route of my problems?

Indicators - Right the battery died last time I was out there, its got a new battery now but the alarm went off (some s*itty cobra 90's piece of junk) when it died. Now when the battery is connected it the right hand side indicators are constantly on, and the left one turn on with the stalk. You can put the hazards on but they are solid, not flashing. Suggestions please.

Thanks for the help! bloody pugs im about ready to send it to the scrapper its causing me so much hassle.

Edited by EdCherry

johnnyboy666

will the idle prolem not be largely amplified by the hole in the downpipe??

Tom Fenton

Sort the downpipe first. Then thoroughly and I mean thoroughly clean out all the breather pipes and drillings in the throttle body.

EdCherry

Ok will do, get back on this 2moro then.

Car isn't going on the road anymore though doh!

Jon_Bmw

I would sort the downpipe first as well. I probably have one kicking around should yours not be compatable for any strange reason. Sadly having an mi16 the SAD and temp sensor are probably totally different or you could have just borrowed them to see if they cured it.

If you ever fancy selling the cage and harness let me know :)

Greg205

your indicators staying on is a result of your alarm, you might find your reverse light stays on aswell, it's a feature on a lot of alarms to make knicked cars easily identifiable, you might need a key to reset the alarm or there might be a button, if not auto electrician time.

As for the over fuelling when you get your down pipe on actually get your fuel air mix set properly, pack of biscuits at any mot garage.

Underneath your throttle body is a breather pipe that runs to the back rear of your dizzy, take it off check it, it should have a plastic non return valve fitted to it, clean the pipe properly.

Edited by Greg205

Sign in to follow this