• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kala

Water Under My Rear Seats?

kala

Hi, my car has a water leek!

Ive just been and felt all my carpet for any wet patches, as when i brought it there was a puddle on either side behind the drivers and passenger seats.

Ive replaced the rear quater window seals with brand new parts so it cant be this.

If i were to sit in the back seat behind the drivers seat there is water in the vent buy your feet, (also the carpet below is wet) how does it get here?

I lifted up this seat and there was a puddle of water. It looks like its been wet for a wile as its slightly mouldy.

I followed the wetness and the boot underlay is wet as well.

It mostly seems to be on the drivers side around the boot area as it seems dry ish on the passenger side.

Any suggestions on what it could be would be very helpfull!

Thanks!

Greg205

Could be your boot window seal, do you fill up your rear washer bottle as they leak.

danpug

I'm probably wrong but.....does your rear washer bottle leak when you use it? I've had loads of 205's with this problem, normally showing up as wet on the drivers side of the boot. Its possible its built up so much that its found its way through to the rear passenger area.

kala

The rear washer bottle was one of the first thing i checked and its still full so no its not leaking!

How much does it cost to sort the rear seal? I think ive read somewhere that it probably just needs re-sealing??

Keep the ideas coming please!!!

swinisskill

get that resealed mate that should solve the problem , it did in one of my old ones

hengti

i think there are blanking discs in the floor of the rear passenger footwells, might be worth resealing those

is the metal work in the rear seat base showing any signs of corrosion? it could just be soaking through. also, think there are blanked holes in the boot floor too, so worth looking at those as well

i gave up trying to cure leaks in mine - came to the conclusion that the entire shell was just porous!

Edited by hengti

kala

Cheers guys

Im going to strip the boot carpet underlay and seats out tomorow and have a look.

There is no rust or corrosion that ive seen so far.

Will probably just get the rear window re-sealed asap.

This problem is one of quite a few and its driving me mad! Will be worth it in the end tho! :)

grandos

Its been mentioned on here a few times that the rear quarter badges could be a problem iirc.

kala

Ive just been having a good look around my boot area and i think it is the boot window seal.

On the bottom right corner it sort of goes in a bit compared to the rest of it.

You can see where the water has gone over the washer bottle and down.

Do i need to replace this rubber or just get it re sealed?

Anyone have an idea how much please??

Thanks!

Greg205

You can just buy some silicone sealant and do it yourself, you'll have to make sure everything's dry first though.

Have fun, Greg.

timb1046

i have a problem of the boot seal itselt leaking slightly so it may also be worth checking this.

jimistdt

I wonder what that is with the big square washer?

23012009093.jpg

Its not there on mine.

GLPoomobile
I think the rear quater badges may also be the problem, so im going to take them all off and fill the holes in at the same time.

Ive also found a bolt which seems to be helping to hold my spare wheel up. Is it normal?

http://s463.photobucket.com/albums/qq357/1...23012009093.jpg

Thanks

No, it's not normal. I wonder if it's some attempt at making the spare more secure, to stop theft.

GLPoomobile
I think the rear quater badges may also be the problem, so im going to take them all off and fill the holes in at the same time.

Ive also found a bolt which seems to be helping to hold my spare wheel up. Is it normal?

http://s463.photobucket.com/albums/qq357/1...23012009093.jpg

Thanks

No, it's not normal. I wonder if it's some attempt at making the spare more secure, to stop theft.

Super Josh

Yeah, I reckon it is, both times :)

Josh

marksorrento205

That will be ideal if you have a flat tyre and cant get it undone. Also worth checking the rear 1/4 window seals as they leak when old

kala

Ive had a look underneath the big ugly bolt and yes it looks like it is there to keep the spare wheel secure.

I'm going to remove it and put a washer there instead (after a bit of rust prevention).

Since i stripped the boot carpet etc out there has been no water getting in dispite it raining daily!

So im going to get inside the car and get a friend to hose water onto it and see if i can see it getting in anywere.

As for the rear quater window seals they were replaced about 2months ago so defo cant be this.

On a happier note i got a few bits from baz today so ive got something else to think about! mainly getting the automatic bonnet painted! :P