• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ifcho

Pec H-beam Rods

ifcho

Has anyone tried the rods this company provides, or can you share any experience about them?

Here is a link to the rods:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/205-GTi-1-6-8V-Steel...%3A1|240%3A1318

The price is good, and as I plan on running the engine cotinuously at 7500-8000 rpms, I would prefer to invest some more money in rods, instead of expensive rebuilds :-/

If you know of any other company making such parts for 1.6 8v please let me know.

projectpug

Im using standard Balanced rods at that sort of RPM with ARP bolts fine so far but will let you know if they fail :lol:

ifcho

How long have you been using them?

I really don't want to purchae rods now, as I have quite many other purchases that need to be made...

I will get ARP bolts for sure.

RossD

I'd be cautious with rods on ebay with no manufacturer mentioned.... There are some cheapo Chinese stuff being imported and sold on as high performance and they aren't really up to it (Lots of this mentioned on Guy Crofts website). Go with a known supplier (Plenty are forum sponsors) and you'll get a good product with plenty of technical and aftermarket backup.

Sign in to follow this