• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kennyb

Swapping To Be3

Kennyb

Hi Guys

Ok the swap to be3 box from be1 is nigh..........apparently im needing to get a be3 compatible clutch pedal to take a be3 clutch cable.........can anyone give me the correct part no for the pedal so I can order one from peugeot?........I dont trust the monkeys to get it right they always mess up and I dont have the time for them to do this!!

Cheers

Cain

Kennyb

or anyone got one spare? :lol:

Baz

I have one. :lol:

welshpug

I'm pretty sure a minute with an angle grinder and you'll have a BE3 type pedal.

Kennyb

Been told its a different fitment for the clutch cable connection......I'm having to pay someone to do it because im ultra busy at work and my box is getting worse and worse :-( .....so need to make sure i have all the bits needed for them ;-)

welshpug

yes the cable fits differently, its a fixed pin/hook that slides down a groove to the same position that the hole is on the BE1, 2 cuts, jobs a goodun!

I'm sure someone posted up a picture of it but I cant for the life of me remember who did it!

chuvit

I just swapped the end on the outer tube where it fits on to the gearbox.

steve@cornwall
yes the cable fits differently, its a fixed pin/hook that slides down a groove to the same position that the hole is on the BE1, 2 cuts, jobs a goodun!

I'm sure someone posted up a picture of it but I cant for the life of me remember who did it!

I've done it.................didn't work

welshpug

ok, so WHY didn't it work?

steve@cornwall
ok, so WHY didn't it work?

dim, distant past, now! IIRC there's not enough metal on the BE1 to enlarge the hole enough for the BE3 cable to move cleanly. Once I actually got the cable fitted into the modified pedal it was binding terribly - or something like that. Should be enough BE3 205s around to source a pedal.

Sign in to follow this