• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rupertfinch

My Solid Mounts Have Gone Missing! Acetal Bushes?

Rupertfinch

Chaps - first thing, Morning!

Right, my problem. I have managed to get a rally preparation firm to fit my refurbed rear beam for nowt in exchange for my original 96k beam - result!

So, I've been spending the last 2 days prepping the beam a wee bit more. I've it all wire brushed, kurusted and hammerited - but i've removed the original 4 rubber bushes that were underneath the 'metal 2 pronged mounting point' if that makes sense.

I had a BBM 2nd generation rear beam mounting kit to fit - but her indoors has tidied it away and it's nowhere to be found.

My question - can I use the Group N rubber mount from BBM in conjunction with the acetal white bushes that he supplies? The car won't be tracked, but is a mixture of Group A and Group N a good idea on the same beam?

I can't get phoning BBM to later so any replies would be appreciated.

Mark

AdamP

I personall wouldn't do it. You're allowing one part of the beam to move and not the other, which i would imagine would cause considerable stress in the beam.

Baz

It'll be fine IMO, with the acetal ones in the fronts any movement will be less anyway.