• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ian King

Puzzeling Engine Code =s

Guest Ian King

Well i recently purchced anouther "apparently 1.9 GTI engine" got the engine back to my garage started stripping it and noticed a few things, first thing was it dosnt hve the half inch baffle plate between the sump and block, and the other thing was the engine code. Its a B2C which i cant find any referance to anywere. Im thinking its possibly a 309 1.6.

If anyone knows this code what on earth engine is it. And the bhp of it ill be grateful.

Ian.

Edited by Ian King

Guest Ian King

Well i made a phone call to my local pug dealer with this engine code and after 3 hours of them looking the came back to me with the bad news, my engine aint a 1.9 gti or even a 1.6 gti its "suppose" to be a standard 1.6 on solex carb which is funny as its on injection and GTI injection too, so yea i now have a mix match engine YEY!

philfingers

this engine was alos fitted in the 1.6 BX and I belive 1.6 309's too. The odd thing is I know someone else with a 205 with one of these engines in. Maybe they were fitted when they ran out of 'proper' ones. 94bhp for the Bx and 92 for the 309

RossD

Indeed, could be that the bottom end has been replaced sometime in the past, but the head or even just the injection system from the GTi has been used. If it's in good condition, I wouldn't worry too much about its original output, it's probably close to 115 bhp if its got the GTi head and cam in it!

(One way to tell would be to measure the valve sizes....)