• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
John_B

1600 Wheels

John_B

As the title says, what are you using on your 1600 wheels these days?

I've been using Bridgestone RE720s for a while, but I think they've stopped making them.

EdCherry

Will be putting Falken ZE-912's on my 1600's in the not too distant future.

Edited by EdCherry

Rupertfinch

Yup! RE720's have bit the dust - shame. Will be keeping a careful eye on this thread to see what's recommended.

Greg205

Again, Falken ZE 912's on my 1600.

johnsimister

Michelin Pilot Exalto. Expensive but superb. I have them on my 1.9, a mate has them on his 1.6.

John

205Rallee
Michelin Pilot Exalto. Expensive but superb. I have them on my 1.9, a mate has them on his 1.6.

John

Totally agree, if you can afford them there is no better choice wet or dry than the Michelin PE's. Brilliant tyre.

I use Bridgestone RE720's in 13" on my 205Euro rallye sprint car and the 720's are immense, just none left!! :lol:

mr_exe

Previously the Goodyear Eagle,but sadly no longer available in 185x60x14, so i've got the Dunlop Sport SP01.

John_B

A few people seem to rate the Michelins then. The cheapest I've seen them is £70 on black circles. I could afford it but it seems a lot to spend on a 14" tyre? :)

Are the Falkens any good? I've always thought of them as a budget make?

Are Yokohama A460s any good?

number2301

I was looking for tyres for my girlfriend's 106 GTi the other day, the place had listed Goodyear Eagle GSD 2s and Pilot Exaltos, does anyone know how these compare to the pe2s and the gsd3s?

mainline

Running Goodyear Eagles, but apparently they've been discontinued. Shame since they're excellent :P !

Kartman205
A few people seem to rate the Michelins then. The cheapest I've seen them is £70 on black circles. I could afford it but it seems a lot to spend on a 14" tyre? :lol:

Are the Falkens any good? I've always thought of them as a budget make?

Are Yokohama A460s any good?

Hi, I`ve got 4 Yoko 539`s in 185/60/14 size for sale, they are in excellent condition, virtually as new as we only used them in the pouring rain last year( less than 100 miles). Mounted on wheels but can be stripped off if you are interested.