• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AJPMIKE

20mm Lower Springs

AJPMIKE

I'm thinking of lowering the front of my car,as i've now found that my rear isn't too low at all(325mm),but my front is nearly 40mm higher.I hoped i might just be able to lower it 20mm,but cant find any springs that do this.When i rang a part supplier earlier and asked for 20mm lower,he said "yes we do them.....well,theyre 25-30mm actually! :unsure: .So, can you get 20mm lower springs anywhere,or should i just lower it 25-30mm(i've noticed these seem more popular)?I'm only after a nice road set up,so i'm wondering if it's really worth increasing poundage as well?Whats the std poundage,and what can you get uprated springs in?

What's the general consensus from those of you out there who have done similar,as to how this will affect the handling of my car?I have konis all round on the car,the fronts being adjustable,but i seem to prefer the adjustment on the softest damping.I would like to improve turn in without sacrificing ride quality,but when i turn the konis up stiffer,the car gets bouncy from what i would term a 'popoising' type effect.

GTI6BOY

eibach's 7001's will lower between 20-25mm

Baz
eibach's 7001's will lower between 20-25mm

Not in reality they don't, they're lower. Koni purple springs are about 20mm, nice amount.

pug_ham

Skip Browns (SBC) Roadspeed springs are approx 25mm lowering springs iirc.

Graham.

Rich_p

Faulkner can make springs up to any spec you require.

Not that expensive either, I still may get a pair of 200lb ones made up for the 309.