• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

How Do You Check For Play In Drive Shafts

djinuk

on my 205 gti i have a super loud clunk when driving either left or right, just 1 loud bang, Im just wonding could it be a drive shaft, and if so how do i go about checking drive shafts.

weejimmy

just grab it and try to twist it, as if you are trying to turn the wheel with it.

doubt its a shaft thoe,

sounds more like a strut top bearing siezed and the clunk is the spring jumping.

to check that jack it up and get somone to turn the wheel lock to lock as you watch.

djinuk

well ive just replaced the strut top bearings and rubbers as thats what i though, the clunk only seems to be when the car is moving you see.

macamizer

is the spring sat in the cup properly?

djinuk

i will check tonight, the car is on coilovers so im guessing there is a chance they have come of the cup possibly at the top of the suspension, but i will have to see, the car feels very unstable recently, certainly does not give the confidence that a 205 usally does. The car is very low if this should make problems worse at all.

Edited by djinuk