• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
EdCherry

[misc_work] Fudge

EdCherry

Right, this is FuDGe -

th_DSCN1886.jpg

He is a Phase 1, 205 1600 GTi in Red. A PSOOC bike who has done the rounds in the last year or so with a bit of neglect.

Came to me for a small sum being an MOT failure. Due to the recent insurance I got for it plans have moved ahead!

It has an MOT booked for the 26th and I've got to fix the following for it pass -

1. Excessive Exhaust Emissions

2. O/S Headlamp not in good working order

3. O/S/R Fog Lamp not working

4. Exhaust has major leak of exhaust gases

5. O/S/F Brake Binding

First off I swapped over the AFM as the car was overfueling by the bucket load, this sorted the idle problem (lack of it) and it now seems to be running alot smoother.

More Updates to come later this week.

blue_haddock
A PSOOC bike who has done the rounds in the last year or so with a bit of neglect.

I didn't neglect fudge.

I just didn't do anything to it!

EdCherry

Didn't say it was you that neglected fudge! Although hes got alot of problems LOL.

EdCherry

UPDATE

th_DSCN1923.jpg

Parts have now been bought, waiting on a few more and will get fitting! Lets hope he goes straight through with the small fortune i've spent!

Edited by EdCherry

happygoron

If you give the tester some sexual favors it might.

EdCherry

This is now taking a back line, got a few things to sort on it and will update as its done!

EdCherry

Ok well its come back to my attention its needs TLC asap.

Its starting to pickup some surface rust where its been previsouly repaired on the rear quarters. Got a bit of surface rust on the drivers side inner wing and aload on the passenger side. Gonna do a bit of number crunching with the bodyshop and see what I can get done.

Exhaust manifold will also not come off, totally f***ing stuck. None of my sockets fit the nuts, none of my spanners fit, not snuggly enough to undo them anyway! The new exhaust and manifold is sitting in the other 205 waiting for me to investgate more and get it off!

Got the alarm plip from haddock and the alarm key, this car has centeral locking?! might keep the alarm for now as its handy, although in the end I want rid of it to have a nice clean phase 1.

More updates to come later this week I hope!

dcc

use some penetrating oil (wd40) on the nuts, mine were the same on my 8v, took a few attempts to remove the exhaust manifold.

EdCherry

Will try oiling them DCC, thanks.

:D

th_DSCN2061.jpg

welshpug

try cleaning it Ed, it wont look quite as bad :D