• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
carthy

Bike Carbs Bogging

carthy

Hey guys after little help ive bought a 205 on bike carbs and it bogs for a about 2-3 seconds when you give it full throttle, but when driving normal or feathing the throttle it works fine. Is this because of the timing or fuel, previous owner had the car set up at LAD motorsport which was a shocking job already had to rewire the hole loom. So just after some ideas on how to sort the bogging cheers for any help :D

Cameron

Sounds like its overfuelling quite badly. I'd get it over to somebody who knows what they're doing sharpish before you borewash the crap out of it.

Sandy

Too little or too much accel pump by the sound of it.

carthy

cheers i will get the wideband on and see if its running rich or lean, how do you go about adjusting the accelerator pump?

pip470

What Bike carbs are you running, My r1's dont have an accelerator jet, they have a slide in front of the butterfly, I think but don't qoute me because im not 100% that the slide doesnt open straight away on hard acceleration, thus blocking the amount of air and increasing the amount of fuel just like a accelartor jet. The slide works on a pressure differential. Thats all I can say on that really.

If you press the accelerator on a carb with an accelerator jet you can normally hear it squirt the fuel in with the engine off. Thats why in old cars when you were a kid pressing all the pedals you could quite easily flood the engine with fuel.

carthy

There keihin carbs not sure what bike they came off tho some seem to have a accelator pump from what ive been reading up on motorbike forums but none seem to look like the one i have. Is really bugging me now i cant seem to sort it lol

carthy

erm not really i will get a pic of them tomorrow and post up :lol:

jonand

You may also find that the float level are too high / low. Unfortunately there is no easy way to tell in a car set up, as it is very dependant on the angle they have been installed. You will get an indication of too high by looking in down the carb body (engine off) and gently blowing - if fuel emerges from main jet it usually indicates too high levels. Worked with my R1's anyway.

Jon

Sign in to follow this