• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timmy2take

Help With Maf And Air Filter On A 205 Mi16

timmy2take

I'm very close to the mi16 conversion being completed in my gorgeous 205 after having an XMAS break on it.

What do people usually do with fitting in the airfilter and MAF in the engine bay? I've got a K&N air filter which is quite small, but without cutting the pipe air pipe right down it wont fit. Even cutting it down it wont fit I don't think as I'm pretty sure its bigger at one end.

Hope someone gets the rough idea of what i'm talking about.

nick

If it's a BX afm to t/body pipe it will cut down easily, if it's the Mi one it should just squash up. It's a tight fit either way and you may need to re-locate the washer bottle (some people manage to just push the battery and original w/bottle back so the filter fits in)

Best idea is to look at the members car galleries on the main site and see how other people have done it, it will all become clear then.

Nick

j_turnell

If your using the 405 throttle body pipe it should be straight forward. On the conversions i've done i just cut down the original plastic pipe that fits on the afm, filed down the ridges and a K&n fits fine, bit snug against the washer bottle but not a problem really, not a fan of relocating the washer bottle myself.

Engineinstalled1.jpg

Edited by j_turnell

DRTDVL

Where abouts do people relocate the washer bottle?

I've searched but didn't find much...

Rom

Ive used a 309 rear washer bottle on mine.

Although you can keep the standard one and move it to the OS wing, where the jack goes. My car never had a jack though, and my washer bottle lid was fubar.

Plus i wanted to move my fuel filter, so i went for a small bottle on the bulkhead.

My airfilter is pretty big, and ive got AFM mounted flat, and i just about manage to cram it in :unsure: Using a 405 inlet pipe. The BX ones are a lot bigger i think.

post-7946-1232393748_thumb.jpg

DRTDVL
Ive used a 309 rear washer bottle on mine.

Although you can keep the standard one and move it to the OS wing, where the jack goes. My car never had a jack though, and my washer bottle lid was fubar.

Plus i wanted to move my fuel filter, so i went for a small bottle on the bulkhead.

My airfilter is pretty big, and ive got AFM mounted flat, and i just about manage to cram it in :unsure: Using a 405 inlet pipe. The BX ones are a lot bigger i think.

post-7946-1232393748_thumb.jpg

I'll have a look on the firewall to see if i've got space for that...

i've got a custom header tank and i can't remember how much space i've got.

That bottle with the blue fuild is a 309 bottle?

Tom Fenton

The washer bottle can be moved back enough to gain that vital bit of space if you simply take off the steel bracket that picks up on the strut top, shove it right back hard against the strut turret, and then drill and rivet in place, voila simple and easy as no wiring or pipe mods required.

Rom
I'll have a look on the firewall to see if i've got space for that...

i've got a custom header tank and i can't remember how much space i've got.

That bottle with the blue fuild is a 309 bottle?

Its a rear bottle from a 309, dont know if all models have them.

Theres plenty of ways round it. This is just what i ended up doing.