• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tonycj

Elecrtical Guru's Req'd For Leccy Windows Woe's.

tonycj

Okay the facts:-

My car:-

205 D-Turbo, 5-door, K-reg, manual windows.

I have bought the following parts:-

309 5-door leccy window assy's from Goodwood edition and,

205 Mardi gras, 3-door, leccy door loom, from M-reg

i fitted the door looms last night, the switches and window assemblys.

Switched on the ignition, and tried the windows NOTHING, what am i doing wrong?????

Just one other thing, the central locking isnt working now. i have noted though that the old door loom had two wires going to the drivers central locking actuator, and the new loom has three??

Please please help me!!!!!

Many Thanks,

Tony.

Cameron

Hmm.. weird problem there. Have you got a multimeter?

If so, I guess you should start by checking weather you get +/-12V at the window motor when you press the button to wind up / down. If not, move back to the switches and check that you have a +12V live feed. If so, check that you get continuity when you press the switch, if not move back to the fuse box and check that you actually have a +12V feed where you've plugged them in.

If you don't have a multimeter then no amount of suggestions are going to do you any good really, you could go changing this / that / whatever and get nowhere. Best bet is to do a step-by step diagnosis, or get somebody to come and help you out.

Edited by Cameron

tonycj

Had a fiddle with the loom, i found that i needed to fit a relay into the fuse box.

The central locking didnt want to work, so with my multimeter did a bit of proding and found out that the two cables going to the central locking motor were the other way round to the original loom.

cut the two cables and recrimped them, and everything is fine!

The only thing that is still a mystery to me is why there is three cables going to the central locking motor?

Tony.