• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
John_B

Engine Mounts

John_B

I used to have a BBM lower engine mount fitted but when I fitted the new engine I left the std mount in. It surprised me how much quieter the car was. Anyway this broke and I've replaced it with a Pug TD one which seems like a good compromise.

At least one of the other mounts has now gone so I'll replace them all.

The vertical smaller lower bush seems to be the same for the petrol and diesel XU, and also for the turbo diesel, the number I have is 180904. The right side upper bush, the screw on one, also seems to be the same for all models: 184442.

For the left side gearbox mount I seem to have 3 different numbers. Either 184382 or 184395 for the petrol XU, 184395 for the diesel XU and 184397 for the turbo diesel. Anyone know if all of these will fit? Is the turbo diesel one stiffer as with the bottom mount?

Are the other numbers correct?

Are they easy to fit?

Thanks.

dcc

Ive got a gearbox mount you can have for free, i upgraded from standard to bbm. im about 10 mins along the motorway from you. got the bushes for the driver side mount too.

forgot to say

It was on the car when i bought it, but its in good condition by the looks of it.

Edited by dcc

John_B

That's very generous dcc thanks, but I think I'll check on the prices first and if they're not too bad I'll put new ones on.

Does anyone have any info on the part numbers??

Sign in to follow this