• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allanallen

Cleaning Up A Seriously Manky Head

allanallen

evening all, I'm freshening up a vts engine that im fitting to a 106 rallye. Problem is the exhaust ports and valves are a right mess and it'll take me hours to clean it all up (which i havn't got). So question is does anyone know of a localish place to me that can chemically clean the head and the valves (derbyshire,south yorks,cheshire).

Also I take it that cleaning a head in this way doesn't damage the valve guides in anyway?

cheers chaps, allan

Tom Fenton

Machine shop I use have a good hot parts washer, depends if you CBA to come to Sheffield twice though to drop it off and pick it up. Its near Meadowhall.

allanallen
Machine shop I use have a good hot parts washer, depends if you CBA to come to Sheffield twice though to drop it off and pick it up. Its near Meadowhall.

sounds a possibility tom, would a hot wash be enough as the head is really coked up and the valves have a nice concrete like coating :) some contact details would be good anyhow. cheers

M@tt

Al try some thinners on it, i cleaned up that turbo head with thinners and it came up a treat. Just leave it soaking in a tub of them and they should break down the carbon no probs

davepug205

Try a powder coaters theres one in Furness Vale but probably one in Buxton aswell. theres an engineers in Whalley Bridge that guy knows everything and will point you in the right direction. failing that the engine centre in Stockport will sort you out let me know if you get stuck. :)

allanallen

cheers for replies chaps. The heads turned out to be scrap anyway so I wont need it cleaning anymore :wacko: