• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

Tyre Dilemma

M@tt

Right i need 4 new tyres for my MG ZT (225/45/18) as they are all kanckered

Currently they have bridgestone potenzas on which are £150 a corner!!! and i don't want to shell out £600 on tyres!!!

So i have been looking at cheaper options i've trawled the internet for prices and reviews and i can get Kumho KU31 fitted for £377 at my local place

or

i have found online Kumho 712 (225/40/18) for £199 delivered for four (plus maybe £40 fitting at my local garage)

however i have no experience of either tyre and there are completely mixed reviews out there about them and it would appear most tyres so don't know whether it's better to plump for the more expensive ones or go for the cheaper ones?? It's alot of money to be pissing around blindly with!! I use the car daily to hack up and down the motorway with but it does get driven "spiritedly" and chucked into roundabouts etc so i wouldn't want anything that is going to wear in 2k miles

suggestions please

Edited by M@tt

Tom Fenton

Price up Michelins at Costco, they are 4 for the price of 3 at the moment.

calvinhorse

try earsmotorsport on ebay, very very cheap on kumhos and kenlis which are actually pretty good alround tyres

welshpug

Try Falkens :blush:

EdCherry

Falken ZE 912's dirt cheap and good, know what im putting on the 205!

Peetypug

try this fella

he's in macc

i get all my tyres off him

Batfink

I've got Kuhmo's on my BMW. Actually surprised me how good they are

Jrod

I went to ku31's after Goodyear F1s. For the price to grip ratio I'm sticking with kumhos. :rolleyes:

Henry Yorke

I have Khumo KU31's on my new 5 series wheels. They are the extra load version. Have a word with Dean Pound as he will be able to get you a good deal on a set. That is where I get all my tyres from, fitted, balanced and often cleaned off with a high pressure washer :lol:

Greg205

I'm running Falken ZE 912's on my 205 (14's) and on my Vtr (17's) Can't fault em. I usually use Eagle F1's on the pug, but with the credit crunch went for the Falkens and to be honest they hold thier own, bit slippy in the wet though!

RossD

Currently got Kumho KU31 Ecsta on the 205, again pleasantly surprised by them. I'm going to put them on my daily driver next as they seem very good value.

M@tt

i went for the Kumho 712's in the end as i have a fook off massive xmas credit card bill to pay this month and my car insurance is also up and i'm loathed to pay the monthly installments at 50% apr or whatever it is!

Speedo overreads slighlty with the lower profile tyres but only by a very small amount. Gave it some stick on the way home and they seemed pretty good chucking it round a roundabout and the no discernalbe difference in tyre roar so far compared to the previous bridgestone protenzas @£150 a corner!!