• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
miamistu

Is This A Windscreen Seal Leak?

miamistu

Hi, I've got water coming into the passenger footwell when it rains and I'm trying to track down the cause.

I can see water running down the inside:

post-2821-1232114326_thumb.jpg

Is that likely to be a windscreen seal problem?

I've also noticed the side window seals seem to have large gaps at the end - is this normal?

post-2821-1232114340_thumb.jpg

Cheers :blush:

brian j

I don't know about the side window seals, although they won't be causing that leak either way. It could be the screen seal but there is also a joint between the bulkhead/scuttle/inner wing bodywork up in the corner behind the dash which is known for the seam sealer cracking and the water leaking in where you see it. I found mine by removing the seat, carpet and sound deadening, getting a friend to lay on their back with a good torch looking up behind the dash and me playing a high pressure jet from the Karcher in various places while he watched to see where it came in.

Rob Thomson

Looks like a windscreen seal issue to me. I had exactly the same problem years ago after I'd smacked the 309 sideways into a hedge... Although there was no obvious body damage (bar a few scratches) the impact had obviously given the shell a momentary twist that disturbed the seal around the top of the screen. A smear of sealant soon sorted it out.

miamistu
A smear of sealant soon sorted it out.

Sounds good. Any idea if halfords sell clear sealant? I've got gift vouchers left over from christmas that i could use :)