• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Masekwm

Passenger Door Locked Shut.

Masekwm

Hopefully, this will be straight forward and troublefree.

Went to get a tool out of the boot of the 205 tonight, and found the central locking wouldn't open the boot, strange but I'll check that out at the weekend. So I then went to get in the passenger door and that didn't open either.

Tried the lock inside and it wouldn't open :blush:

Would this thread explain the cause? http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...mp;#entry771642

Ever since I've had it, the passenger door lock has always opened 3/4, and to get it to open fully the drivers door lock needs to go in a bit and then fully out to open it.

Is the cause of my problem, the same as above?

Thanks

Keith

DrSarty

I think it is totally likely to be the problem, as it seems to happen to every 205 if the passenger door stands idle not being used for a long time.

When I removed my handle, it took lube and A LOT of exercising that brass coloured spring lever to make it return of its own free will. If it's happened to mine, Steve's and a few others here, odds are it's the same thing with yours.

philfingers

on my old 309 that had stood for 5 months the passenger door lock mechanism just seized up. tricky to get at with a door bar and bucket seats. I got the door trim off and attacked it with many things, the last being a blow torch and I burnt all the plastic, then managed to flicky the cacth to open it and went and got another from a scrappy for a couple of quid. If you get a new one in advance then you can see how it works and what you're trying to achieve whilst the stuck one is in the depths of door darkness!

Masekwm

Hmm, I've had the door card off, oiled up everything, got the door working again off the key.

The central locking motor isn't working and now the boot is only opening when it wants!

Masekwm

Can anyone confirm that the motor to replace is the one inside the passenger door? From search I've read that it's the drivers door one which is faulty, but my boot is now working off the drivers door again!

Help!

Thanks

Keith

philfingers

Sorry can't help you, my CL has never worked!

Greg205

Have you tried disconnecting the motor in the drivers door and giving the contacts a clean? I ended up just leaving my central locking disconnected, got too annoying.