• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chocolate_o_brian

Hmmm Car Mats

chocolate_o_brian

The mats in my 205 are looking very tired, and when I have "de monies", I wanted to get some replacements. Current ones are red, but as I have a red carpet in the car I would like to get black mats with red piping. Thing is I want "205GTI" on the two front ones, similar to the original factory ones. I can't seem to find anywhere that does them in my specification with original looking text. All I seem to find are the chavvy mats in weird script or bubble text.

So folks, any good links? I would pay upto £60 for a good set of four, within my above spec. Lets see your efforts, even in different colours. I'd like to compare.

dirtdog

Try here mate... custom car mats

I'm sure you can get exactly what you want here

chocolate_o_brian
Try here mate... custom car mats

I'm sure you can get exactly what you want here

Aye, I tried that and a couple of others. My main concern was I couldn't see the finished article before paying/postage.

I'm trying to get as close to oem as possible and am very fussy lol. Future classic and all that. I daren't think what Peugoet would charge for a set.

tagy

Have you tried www.autostyle.co.uk ?

chocolate_o_brian
Have you tried www.autostyle.co.uk ?

I did mat, yes. Same thing. Couldn't see what the font looked like or indeed the finished product. I've heard good things about them too, but as said would like to see whats getting posted before parting with cashes :o

hexhamstu

WHOA get these ones, (they also come in black)

20-05-06_1952.jpg they are from autofive and they arent cheap, but they are by far the best ones if you ask me.

dirtdog

You won't be abelt o to get an image of a finished one because they are customised. If they were all the same they'd throw a few up.

Maybe you should phone a local re-upholsters or something and ask them if you can help you. All you need is a the black mat bit..some red piping for the edge. Get the company (or someone you know) to sew them together. For the "205 gti " text there are embroidery companys out there who will do this for a a few measly pounds. My friend works at a company who uses computers to do it. They have pre-loaded fonts and logos etc but they will add more to get the customers specification (as long as you have a example of the font)

Super Josh
WHOA get these ones, (they also come in black)

20-05-06_1952.jpg they are from autofive and they arent cheap, but they are by far the best ones if you ask me.

What colour are those Stu, anthracite with black heel pads? Are they a decent match for the grey carpet?

Josh

hexhamstu
What colour are those Stu, anthracite with black heel pads? Are they a decent match for the grey carpet?

Josh

they are on autofive.co.uk listed as the grey ones, a perfect match.

hexhamstu

017BP080A GTi mat set – grey, red piping, black heel pad

are the ones i have. they also do;

GTi mat set – black, red piping, black heel pad

GTi mat set – black, green piping, black heel pad

chocolate_o_brian
they are on autofive.co.uk listed as the grey ones, a perfect match.

Hex, thats pretty much what I'm after. Just to decide what colour scheme to get now. I'm still thinking black with red piping/lettering. Would contrast well on a red carpet...

hexhamstu
Hex, thats pretty much what I'm after. Just to decide what colour scheme to get now. I'm still thinking black with red piping/lettering. Would contrast well on a red carpet...

yeah i'd go for the black ones if i had a red carpet.

Rom

Do the autofive ones have holes for fixing ?

I got a set of ebay that look very similar ages ago, and they have holes for retainers like the newer cars etc have.

I was thinking of making it so i could use these holes. Id have to make a small hole in the carpet for clips to go in. Has anyone tried anything similar ?

Henry Yorke

Autostyle ones are available here:

http://cnb-host3.clickandbuild.com/cnb/sho...rodCategoryID=2

Autostyle have a licence to use the Peugeot motif too as they got questioned a few years back by Peugeot and I had to send them a letter to prove they did the PSOOC ones, as Peugeot had let the PSOOC use their name and motifs.

The quality is superb on these, they have fixings, a range of colours and piping. They also do cheaper ones too at about £35, but they get tattier quicker. Both sorts come with carpet clamps and are tailored to the car.

chocolate_o_brian
Autostyle ones are available here:

http://cnb-host3.clickandbuild.com/cnb/sho...rodCategoryID=2

Autostyle have a licence to use the Peugeot motif too as they got questioned a few years back by Peugeot and I had to send them a letter to prove they did the PSOOC ones, as Peugeot had let the PSOOC use their name and motifs.

The quality is superb on these, they have fixings, a range of colours and piping. They also do cheaper ones too at about £35, but they get tattier quicker. Both sorts come with carpet clamps and are tailored to the car.

Thanks for that, I'll have to save the links away from my Mrs. "More bloody money on the car" was her last response :blush:^_^

stufarri

I bought some of the Autofive ones and they don't last to well and were £60! - The GTI wears off on the drivers heel pad - after only 5K miles.

I found some great ones on ebay France, supplied by a dutch manufacturer. These have GTI in large red lettering similar to the original EOM ones.

I asked for all black with just 'GTI' rather than '205 GTI'. They were approx £60 delivered when I got aquote and they do RHD too - look spot on.

The link is here:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/Peugeot-205-GTI-TAPIS-D...A1%7C240%3A1318

Rom

Bit lairy for my liking !

Mats are funny things. I see sets wear through in 20k at work, and other sets last 100k. Some people seem to go through them, heavy heels maybe lol.

Henry... could you elaborate on the fixings ? Are they the normal sort of clips that need to attach to a hole in the carpet ? Then hook through the mat.

Or have they used some other way that wouldnt require me to 'adapt' my carpet :o

Chris

chocolate_o_brian

Really like those ones on the foreign Ebay. £52 Euro's in the current climate, whats that work out at? Plus shipping.

Wish I had the money now, bloody tax this month, argh!

stufarri

'has to be the autofive ones, I got a set for christmas and they look class!'

I agree they look spot on, just wait until the GTI on the drivers side starts to wear off and the other 3 are still mint - it will really cheese you off. I wouldn't buy another set. Just my 2ps worth!

Henry Yorke
Henry... could you elaborate on the fixings ? Are they the normal sort of clips that need to attach to a hole in the carpet ? Then hook through the mat.

Or have they used some other way that wouldnt require me to 'adapt' my carpet :huh:

Chris

They have a little connector which has an angled pin that just pokes into the carpet. The purpose of this is to stop them sliding forward. If you take the pins out, you cannot see a hole.

the Autostyle ones look to be the ones withthe hard wering heal pad but the rest of the mat is the cheaper stuff. The Diplomat ones are all made of heel pad stuff. I had some of the cheaper ones in my 306 and the more expensive in the Alfa 155's and the Alfa ones lasted me 7 years then I sold them for £20!!

Stu - you shouldn't drive in high heels!! You have been told before :P

SurGie

What is it with all these links not working ?

Updates maybe ?

Richie

The autofive ones look really good, i used to have a set in my last gti. I was quite careful with them as i knew they wern't the best wearing mat.

Im going to buy another set (black with red trim) for my car.

Simes

Holly thread resurrection Surgie!

I've got a set of these, had them about 10 years about 60,000miles. I've got another set that came with my new 205 - they are from Autofive and are thinner.