• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tonycj

Which Headlight Bulbs Do You Recommend?

tonycj

Ive done a search and read the threads, but i just want to know one simple thing.

Seeing as if the standard lights on the car are not to good! i want to know what headlight bulbs you would fit, i do not want to start fitting extra relays or wiring, i do not want to mess with anything, i just want to buy some better bulbs fit em and use em.

Simple.

Tony.

Guest Jamie1986

I always use Osram Nightbreakers can really seem to tell the difference to normal bulbs from Halfords etc..

tonycj

Thanks for the reply, where do you get them, out of interest?

Tony.

Ajr

Phillips have always had the best reviews. Osram nightbreakers are pretty good too!

MerlinGTI

I use these, bright, white and cheap :lol:

Ebay Item : Item number: 290288469754

There was a thread on them a while back. I dont belive the xenon and certinally not the HID claims, but they are bright!

Last Legend

You might also want to consider replacing the headlamps as the silvering in the reflectors looses its reflectivness after a while,you might still have the original factory headlamps.

Even my own car, which is one of the last is over 15 Years old now.

New headamps and new 50% plus bulbs you should see massive improvement.

Tandoh

One of my mates has 100w main 80w dipped bulbs and they were only £5 from maccess!!

He is meant to be getting me some 130w main 100 dipped bulbs :)

Slight MOT failure i believe...but you can always change them back just before!

tonycj

Hi All,

thanks for all the contributions, looks like i'll be getting a pair of these 'Philips X-treme Power'

Thanks again,

Tony.

Ajr
One of my mates has 100w main 80w dipped bulbs and they were only £5 from maccess!!

He is meant to be getting me some 130w main 100 dipped bulbs :ph34r:

Slight MOT failure i believe...but you can always change them back just before!

It's ok you'll only melt your wiring setting fire to the car, but that's probably ok because you don't mind blinding people coming the other way by using double the standard power rated bulbs...

Tandoh
It's ok you'll only melt your wiring setting fire to the car, but that's probably ok because you don't mind blinding people coming the other way by using double the standard power rated bulbs...

No its just because i get so p***ed off when people have fog lights on when its not foggy, so now i can p*ss them off:P

Cameron

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know how much of a discount you get on car bulbs with a Halfrauds trade card?

hexhamstu

i bought the halfords 90% brighter ones and all i can say is WOW for the money the improvement is really bloody goo. ive got the trade card and i paid £6 or £7 for the £16 bulbs, so it really just makes it a reasonable price instead of the ridiculous RRP.

i also replaced the driving lights with the 40% brighter ones as they dont do 90% brighter in the h1 fittment.

tonycj

Guys i bought a set of the Phillips X-treme power bulbs and instantly noticed the difference, well worth the money!!!

i payed about £17.80 from ebay, arrived the next day.

Well worth it,

Tony.