• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rich_p

Bias Valve Fitting

Rich_p

I have had quotes from a couple of places for lever type bias valves.

What size is the norm for brake piping on pugs?

One place gave this quote “ The unit has 1/8 27npt threads, the union converts to 3/8 24npt inverted flair.”

Another mentioned These come with the std M10 thread as well

What’s the norm for pug?

marksorrento205

M10 I would say. Thats the size of the calipers etc.

Miles

M10 for 98% of the brake system, The cheap Bias valves normally come with odd imperial size's and generally leak, I remember when I bought a cheap one I got fed up with the drip's and bought a AP one at the other end of the scale

Kartman205
I have had quotes from a couple of places for lever type bias valves.

What size is the norm for brake piping on pugs?

One place gave this quote “ The unit has 1/8 27npt threads, the union converts to 3/8 24npt inverted flair.”

Another mentioned These come with the std M10 thread as well

What’s the norm for pug?

Tilton ones are imperial thread as they are American, but come with adaptors to accept metric unions.

As you will no doubt be making up new pipes, just use the appropriate unions straight into the valve, theres nothing wrong with imperial unions, BUT, they use a different shaped former to create the flair on the pipe end, if formed wrong, then they can possibly leak.

philfingers
Tilton ones are imperial thread as they are American, but come with adaptors to accept metric unions.

As you will no doubt be making up new pipes, just use the appropriate unions straight into the valve, theres nothing wrong with imperial unions, BUT, they use a different shaped former to create the flair on the pipe end, if formed wrong, then they can possibly leak.

I stand corrected but mine is a Tilton lever one and is M10, it's stamped up metric too. I did have a compbrake one but it had very fine threads which I didn't like, it came with corrective unions but I wasn't keen on it. The tilton one is better made I'm sure

Edited by philfingers

mrswampy

Willwood also use an imperial thread

wouldnt say they are cheap quality

Miles

Titlon come with both option's of thread, Metric and Imperial.

I must say out of the cheaper ones the Tilton are very good but still away from the quality of the AP one's but these are another £50.00ish quid,