205GTIDrivers.com has just received a major redesign and the update is still in progress, so please bear with us. You may want to clear your browser's cache and cookies for this site. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Also, we invite you to post feedback in this topic: http://www.205gtidrivers.com/topic/171489-new-website-feeback/ 

• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

mrfirepro

[Car_Restoration] My 1989 205 1.9 Gti Restoration Project

GLPoomobile

just one request please don't park it near mine!!

and to top it off Tom decided to keep me company for the day.

Guess Tom tempted fate with that one! :D

mrfirepro

well spotted, that did make me chuckle.... :lol:

Tom Fenton

Guess Tom tempted fate with that one! :D

Absolutely, I entered the show and shine late on (about 10:30 Sunday) and the only space left was next to Paul!

Andy_C

Please tell me Paul placed in the S&S?! Having seen his car in the metal it's practically new. As Tom says shiny paint is one thing but the level of detail throughout is damned near perfect.

What does one have to do to get a trophy?????

mrfirepro

I came third in Concours standard, with which I am delighted. The main problem was not the restoration but my presentation and some real basic school boy errors. It was my first time and the judges were helpful in pointing me in the right direction.

I really enjoyed the whole experience and can't wait until next year. I'm not telling tales out of school but I wasn't the only winner was I Tom........ :o

Edited by mrfirepro

Tom Fenton

I'm not telling tales out of school but I wasn't the only winner was I Tom........ :o

Yes apparently I heard that some obnoxious nobhead called Fenton from Yorkshire with a ropey looking laser green 205 GTI managed to bag Show and Shine standard class 3rd place....somehow??

/chuffed!

GLPoomobile

So humble :-)

S@m

I didn't realise that was THIS car, holy f*ck did it look good in the flesh! Twas like brand new. A real credit to you.

Leslie green

Great resto thread and attention to detail ,enjoyed the read.

mrfirepro

Thanks Leslie,

I still plan to do a series of before and after shot to finish the thread off.