Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!
Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.
205 GTI 1.9
By Shane17, 02/24/2016
- 2,577 views
- Country United Kingdom
- Color Black
- Year 1989
- Short Description owned for 8 years, probably accumulated 2 of those actually on the road due to various ailments! Has been sitting garaged for 2 years and now able to give it the tlc it needs, hope to have back on the road within 6-9 months........ Hope I said.
- Car Type / Usage Road car
- Engine & Gearbox original standard engine now scrapped due to con rod punching through the block, mi16 now purchased and soon to be rebuilt. Will use my original be1 box.
- Suspension & Steering Rear beam now rebuilt, I impulsed bought some rear Gaz shocks from eBay which I may swap out for oe at a later date. Poly powerflex wishbone bushes and front ARB fitted. May lower an inch at max.
- Brakes Currently looking into best setup for mi16. Perhaps gti6 front calipers and standard rears.
- Wheels & Tyres Standard 1.9's, Toyo Proxes tyres
- Bodywork & Exterior Contradictory to the change in the engine, brakes and suspension but I want to keep the body work and exterior completely standard as there is nothing that can make it look any better imo.
- Interior & ICE Same as the exterior plan to keep completely standard except for the head unit and speakers.
- Comments & Plans Have rebuilt rear beam, next is front sub frame, suspension and engine bay then remove and clean/ inspect interior and refit.... Look into leaky sun roof before finally getting around to rebuilding and fitting the mi16.